In reviewing my YouTube videos and thanks to a comment from one Egyptian who reminded me I hadn't yet posted the video I took of them, I discovered there were a few videos from the day of the referendum on the constitutional amendments (March 19) that I hadn't yet posted. They are at the end of this posting.
Other news updates:
* The military announced the new interim constitution on Wednesday, though I haven't yet seen an English version of it. The newspapers reported that about 80% of the interim constitution is from the old Egyptian constitution that was suspended when the military came to power, plus the most recent amendments that passed by a 77% vote in the recent referendum. There were some other changes made too for the Interim Constitution, but I haven't yet seen an analysis of what changes were neither from the old constitution nor the newly passed amendments. (I've heard some ask the question as to why there was a referendum on amendments to the constitution at all if changes could just be made by means of the Armed Forces' constitutional decree.)
* The stock exchange reopened here about a week ago, after being closed for almost two months. It had closed at the end of January when the revolution started after it had fallen by 16%. When it reopened, it fell by almost 10% in the first hour or two, resulting in the government suspending trading for a short time, then reopening later that same day. A drop was expected because of many corruption charges pending against former ministers and issues related to the political transition of the past 2 months.
* The U.S. Embassy has reopened and resumed all operations and the State Department is allowing diplomats to come back. Here's an article about that:
* Political activists and bloggers have called for another million person march tomorrow (Friday) to protest unfulfilled demands. Here's an article about this.
* The above article reports,
Now, here are the videos.Here's a link to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoi_TrtLEpM
This video is available at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hfv9HvIIow
This link is available at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSWvcac_9I