Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Video of a drive through Maadi

I was looking for a business in downtown Maadi where I could print out our absentee ballots, scan them, then email them back to the clerk by Tuesday.  While I was searching, I stumbled across a video that linked me to YouTube.  It's another video of Maadi, our community here, this time from a car.

The video starts right near a rotary which is where I get my bus to the new campus of AUC (about 45 minutes away in New Cairo).  When I walk home from where the bus drops me, I first cross the old tracks (-- I wonder when there was last a railroad there--- nothing like that now).  Then I walk down the straight street for a short time which is called Port Said.  It leads to downtown Maadi, an area called Road 9, which has many shops on both sides of the street for about 1/4 mile.  When I'm walking home, I turn off before Port Said gets to downtown.  At about the one minute mark on the video, where the driver turns right, I would walk left to go home.  Our flat is about 5 blocks in.
 
Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9ezwDtbX0

No comments:

Post a Comment